Friday, September 30, 2005

Hurting and helping

G*d knows I would never wish for you or a loved one to be going thru the pain that I am... but what if you were? or someone you loved? There are things that I have learned that perhaps may help some of you and this is what I'm gonna write on today. These of course are only my personal experance, I am not a doctor, or psychologist, but I'm pretty smart even if I can't spell or put a sentence together well.

First off, beleive them, even if you don't do. Unless you have real soild evendence that they are drug seeking assume that the meds are not reaching the pain and that it is the issue. If you are the one in pain, stop second guessing yourself, you know what hurts! Stop being afraid of what ppl will say and get help. Make them help you.

Journaling can be good for both people. I have not done this yet but I plan on starting after hearing from Gawdessness.That she is having her daughter do it. This can help you tell the doctor when you are hurting and how much. (LOL did you notice that I actually LINKED TO HER!!!)

One of the things that I find helps me is to have someone read to me, lol it doesn't matter what it is, it should be something that the reader will enjoy. I cannot focus to much but the comfort that someone is there is HUGE!

The mood swings ... I should touch on this. Being in pain is like wakeing up on Mon morning every single morning only about 2k worse. This however does not give you the right to be grouchy with everyone. They aren't in pain, they still are not mind readers, the do want to help so stop being a grouch. Remember no matter how much the opuim makes you think you are talking to G*d (well it does me) it has not upped your telapathic abilty at all, if anything, if you were slightly talented it will block that like a steele door. For those of you that have to deal with us, remember both the pain and the med's are effecting our emotions. The meds can makes us suddenly need hugs and be touched even if a moment before we couldn't stand the sight of you, and the pain.........stuffing down the pain can make you more harsh then you mean to be. When you are in pain the entire world revoles around that pain.

I strongly suggest, getting up and showering every single day.
I strongly suggest getting up and finding something that you will find urgent to do. For me this is to argue with my friends over here and here.
Also find people on the net that you can share and love and hang out with when you can't get up and move about ..... when even going to the store is too much. Some of my faves are Cubbiegirl,
Gawdessness, Cluttergirl, Loinmom ok there are more but I'm getting tired so I'm gonna stop right now with that list.

Ok I thought of more stuff to write..... but one of the other things is that you are very very forgetful when on this stuff, so write everything down when you think of it. LOL but now I can't remember the rest of what I had to say so that is it for now guys. Love you all too!

5 Comments:

Blogger Silent Rain Drops said...

"I strongly suggest getting up and finding something that you will find urgent to do."

Oh, yes - this is so well-said. We have to relearn our limits, but that means expanding our activities, like little ones learning to walk again.

Thank you for this post!

1:18 PM  
Blogger Silent Rain Drops said...

BTW, there is an option in the blogger menu to turn on a security function to stop these spammers. It's called "word verification," I think, but my memory is like yours. I found it in the Blogger menu by using old-fashioned "Help." You have to toggle it on, and then they can't send these auto-spams. People who comment have to type in a series of letters that display on the screen.

I had the same problem, and it took me awhile to figure out how to stop them.

1:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love ya too!

8:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooo! I am a favorite! I am honored! This is an excellent post, totally excellent. As for pain and drugs... it has been shown that people who can self-administer pain medication through an iv administer LESS painkiller than a doctor controlled dosing does. Because instead of just giving a ton (and often building up tolerance) in order to get all the pain all the time, the person in pain will only push the button for meds when it hurts, and not when it doesn't hurt. Anyways, I will try to keep your advice in mind when dealing with people in pain, and when in pain myself. And I wish for yours to lessen, and for others not to be there either. hugs (when you want them! :D )

2:41 AM  
Blogger Gawdessness said...

This is the kind of thing that I'm going to want to bookmark and keep to print out for people to read. I'm going have my Turtle Girl read it too.
Thanks so much for this.
You did a great job on linking to me too - Thanks so much.
Checking up on you everday and you can always email me!

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home