Sunday, December 05, 2004

But smoking takes the voices away...

Holy crap, I always knew I wasn't quite as crazy as the rest of my family memebers. But who knew that it might be because I took up smoking at a young age. Yep nicotene apparently targets receptors linked to schizophrenia. They think (according to Newsweek) that people may be self medicating by smoking. (hummm seems like I heard this same story about alcoholics treating everything from depression to maina by drinking) So while at 13 I looked like I was headed for a long life at the nearest psych hospital by the time I was 16-17 and smoking a pack a day I looked like I just might be ok. So maybe we need to relook at things like letting rehabs, mental wards, and prisions smoking policy or maybe we just need to put everyone on the patch. Maybe I need to be on the patch (I'm currantly not smoking) hummm or maybe the research is just funded by the people making the patch?

4 Comments:

Blogger She Dances in Dragon said...

Clearly, I'm having fun posting comments in your blog. It's just that you say so many comment-worthy things!
My step-brother in law is schizophrenic, and he has to have his cigarettes. My mother-in-law is deathly alergic to cigarette smoke, but she's found a way to accomodate her live-in stepson, because his cigarettes are part of his medication. She's helping create a place for people with mental disorders, and smoking is allowed.

8:38 AM  
Blogger achromic said...

you are always welcome here! :)

8:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP Free slot slot machine Debt creates wealth Texas+homeowners+insurance+providers kvi computer 3m computer privacy screen http://www.computerboardgames.info/Computer_speaker_subwoofer.html Free computer checkup Coming off oxycontin dancing in orange county Terry cosmetic bag computer singing

6:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site fishing sayings for license plate frames Newspaper articles medical malpractice

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home