Saturday, November 13, 2004

Guns are not "fun"

at least in my opinion. They might be useful, nessacary, our right under the consistution but not "fun". I handle deadly chemicals on an almost daily baises, not to mention I drive just about every day. Both of these have the risk of one day killing me, I don't think of them as "fun". I know there are people out there that think driving really fast and weaving in and out of traffic is a blast, but I sort of think they are slightly crazy too. Maybe I'm just to old, maybe when this guy was speaking I just didn't get it. But it rubbed me the wrong way. After all I seriously beleive in gun ownership. My family always had a gun in the house after all the men were police officers. It wasn't even in a lock box but in a dirty shoe box in an unlocked closet, and no one shot themselves or their classmates, heck I never even thought about it and I was not what you would call a stable teenager. There is nothing wrong with owning a gun IMHO any more then there is in owning a car or a kitchen knife. And while you could point out that a kitchen cheif might call welding the right knife "fun" it just sounds a great deal diffrent from a gun owner. I think I might feel the same chill if an archer or a samira was speaking of welding his wepeon as
"fun" and I guess that is the diffrence, once you are a gun owner you are a warrior by virtue of owning that type of wepeon, therefore I'd rather hear you speak with respect, honer, intellgence, I'd like to know that you understand that you might kill someone with that "fun" toy. Come to think about it I'd like to hear more of that from car owners too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home