Monday, May 09, 2005

Why we need more pain meds

See I use to think that we had a lot of choices when it came to pain meds.... but as many of you know that is a lie.... it just was a lie that I didn't know about until now. One of the reasons I didn't want to think about it is that in order to do pain meds research you have to put an animal in pain... and then stop the pain or not. This is not the kind of research that I like. I like the kind that stops once the animal is in any kind of discomfort. So it was easy to say well we got all this pain meds why do we need more? Well........ lemme tell you why... See I can't take any aspirin base product, ibprofren, or naproxin ...... that leave Tylenol (thank you Tylenol for your new rapid release pills I love you) and opium based products like percocet, vicidin, ect. The problem with it is that much pain is beyond tylenol to help it is a very light pain relief.... so like oh say kidney problems and bladder problems or wound infection problems are pretty much beyond Tylenol(as great as a product that it is) and opium as you may know as a couple of nasty side effects, being that you are totally stoned, consipation, oooo and don't forget addiction. But being all that those are my choices..... and another problem is you can't mix them... so if I start hurting and I take Tylenol and then it gets a great deal worse? Too bad I got to wait 6hrs before I can take something stronger.... and part of that is they lace the opium base products with acetphimine so if you double take that you can damage your liver pretty bad.... and who the hell wants that? So we are stuck those like me....... in this place and after two years on and off opium based products I fear addiction because I think about it ALL the time. I think about how good I feel on the opium, I love it, I hate it, it is beginning to steal me away from my hubby who I love and making me unable to make life decisions because all I can do is make it thru' the day.

On another note....... Thank you soo much GG for replying to my post...... the more I get to know you the more I really love and respect you. It is hard to stand up for what you believe in and do it all the time, but you do and even tho' it isn't about something that we agree on. I would want you on my side in any fight because I would trust you to do what you felt was the right thing no matter what and you just got to respect that about someone.

5 Comments:

Blogger Silent Rain Drops said...

Hello, Achromic! I have myofascial pain syndrome.

I find some relief in Darvocet, which is the propoxyphene compounded with Tylenol. It is not a heavy opiate - there's very little of the "Oh boy, we're having fun now" feeling, which I do like about the opiates myself - probably too much, ha.

Addiction is less of a problem, and it's quite effective even against kidney pain - among the worst of all pains, I understand from experience and word of mouth.

I've also found not pain relief, but some emotional and psychological relief from the stress pain causes, in prayer. Corny, but darned effective.

I really hope your health improves soon.

10:45 AM  
Blogger Shylah said...

I know what you mean. I can't take ibuprofen, aspirin, or naproxen, because they all interfere with the blood thinners. Regular Tylenol is a joke, so I'm stuck with Tylenol 3 and Vicodin. And the constipation from them is so bad that I can't take them more often than once every three or four days.

11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read »

4:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! Rewrite - asian kung fu.mp3 mp3 medication search engine slimming tabs weight loss tabs beam.todesert-burn Cadillac dealer in marshall county tennessee big breast Bathtub feet men's pants with velcro on the sides

6:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! wedding invitations Human resource software umax ppc brakes volvo Plastic surgery web site designer

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home