Thursday, April 21, 2005

I've been in the hospital

again. You know when the percoset and vicoden are not kill the pain that something is wrong....and still I waited for 24 hrs in mind numbing pain because I didn't want another operation. But there wasn't anything to it......... I mean you can't just wish that stuff away. Fortuantly my Urologist seems to be the only doctor in Kaiser with a spot of commen sense and he saids "no don't bother with the ER just go straight to adminting I will leave instructions there for you" and he did. It seems there was a bigger shard keeping the rest of the broken stone from coming out...... by the time they got me my meds I was crying and screaming because it hurt sooo bad. It took two shots of morphine and 3 pills of vicoden and some of the antinausa stuff before the pain got under control. Hummmmmm it seems like there was more to blog about but now my meds are starting to take effect and I can barely think.. Needless to say it did turn out ok. They went in with their laser beems and took out all the rest of the stones. I'm out of work for another week. Work is gonna love me (not).

9 Comments:

Blogger Christina Dunigan said...

Hugs and prayers!

6:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woot! Yay for no more pain! (I hope.)

1:20 AM  
Blogger Milenka said...

Oh, my! I really hope this is the end of the medical trauma for you, sweetie! As Chasmyn said...no more pain! :-)

8:09 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

so sorry to hear, achromic, I've been in the hospital too just this week. Hope this "passes" or whatever really soon. I know the feeling when vicodin isn't enough for the pain: last year I had 20 gallstones doing that to me. It was like childbirth labor pains, only without the break between contractions. Absolutely made me out of my mind.

This week, had emergency uterine surgery to stop some massive, 4-day bleeding this past Tues. Thought it was just a heavy period. Shows what I know.

I believe perimenopause (such a lovely time of life) combined with my severe endometriosis (which was dx'd 2 and a half years after my abortion and cost me an ovary then and which I believe was caused by the abortionm, despite what doctors including my own and some studies say) are to blame for what was the equivalent of my "donating blood" each day for four days from Frid. to Tues. Needed an emergency D&C and uterine cauterization. I won't go into how bad the hemorrhaging was, it's too gross. They gave me general anesthesia, it was so severe.

It caused a good case of anemia, which I always used to think was relatively benign and harmless. It's going to take 2-4 weeks to recover. I thank all in advance for keeping me in prayers and thoughts, if you will. Climbing just 7 steps took me about 20 minutes the first day.

Hope you are bearing up ok. Prayers and hugs...

12:51 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Oh goodness, that sounds just AWFUL. (To both Achromic and Annie.) Hugs to both.

3:02 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Just wanted to check in to see how you are doing. :)

4:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ik genoot van uw plaats en verheug me op meer.Sincerely, Carli lasik eye surgery california

2:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Het hebben van een overlappingsbovenkant betekent al georgia laser medical surgery u kunt krijgen.Compliments, Ammie georgia laser medical surgery

5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site » » »

2:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home