Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Back to work??? by Mon....... could be

So...... the news is good........ tho' I think a bit premature. There are a few restrictions that my doctor wants me to follow...... like lifting and bending........ and that might be a killer when it comes to my work. No I am not out of pain and no my zyphoid process is not in place........ but I am feeling better. I am nervous......... I know how physcal my job is so I donno if they can or will let me come back...... usually you have to be able to life 50ish lbs. and push even more have enough moter control to use a needle on a living being. So....... it seems that a limit of 10lbs......... and no bending might be a bit beyond my abilties....... but maybe not....... I am nervous.....waiting to hear what work says........ worried that my doctor doesn't really understand what she is saying when she says I should go back to work...... hopeing that she is right...... fearing that she is wrong. Just sick enough not to work........ would cause a lot of finacle stress........ as I certianly do NOT fit the SS term for disabled. But ......... I ..... darnit I have no control over this outcome...... if I go back to work and I cannot do my job but the doctors won't say I can't what happens??? I mean I am supposing that is the worst case senrio....... I suppose we will see and we will hope for only best case senrios .... like winning the lotto and not having to worry about work because I don't have ever go.

Sad new about one of my little kitties who LOOKS healthier then me but apparently is a heck of a lot sicker........ little baby(5yrs) sunni bean has an enlarged heart........ she already has athsma. We have plans to take her for an ultrasound to see if this can be handled by medication.... the vet seemed to think that was a possiblty. I thought she was just a silly lazy cat...... but I know now she is actually really tired. I am sadder then heck even tho' she will have the best noninvasive care I can give her she will probably be a shorter lived cat then she would be without these problems. Cats, like Sunni, should be allowed to live forever and ever.

6 Comments:

Blogger Granny said...

Good luck. I'll be waiting to hear how it works out for you.

9:05 PM  
Blogger Granny said...

Hi. I don't know how I missed San Francisco on your profile. I'm only 135 miles down the road and I do get into the city from time to time.

Let's give it some thought/

11:19 PM  
Blogger Granny said...

I was in a real tornado in Arkansas in '73. Never again if I can help it. And they have earthquakes as well. We were right on the New Madrid fault in Jonesboro.

Ann
ann.adams95340@gmail.com

11:26 PM  
Blogger Val said...

Cool! (on the back to work possibility)
But don't give up on your kitty; one of my friends has nursed her Siamese through 10 yrs + (he's 14 now) w/enlarged heart/daily medication routine...
Cats are really really tough!

11:22 AM  
Blogger Gawdessness said...

Hey, the good and the not so good.
I'm hoping that your job will accomodate you, especially if you would like to try and get back to it.

Hoping for the good news on Sunni too. So glad that you are the one who can give your cat the care it needs!

Fingers crossed for you on all fronts!
Take care.

8:05 AM  
Blogger Granny said...

Your comment.
Some is the teacher and some is Rebecca. It's not dyslexia - her reading is fine and she reads and writes her numbers correctly.

With No Child Left Behind, the teachers are forced to push too fast and too hard and for the kids that don't have an intuitive grasp of theory or haven't memorized the basics, it's very hard.

Rebecca isn't quite ADHD but she doesn't miss it by far. She falls through the cracks for additional help except what I can give her. Already I have to study myself but I can do the work but the terminology has changed so much since I was in school.

Only one quarter to go on the school year and I'll shoot for summer school if they're teaching math. Usually it's mostly remedial reading and she doesn't need that.

Rebecca hates math and I think her teacher is a little lazy. Bad combination. I just try to keep working with her. Now we're using practical math like shopping and recipes so she can see the value in learning. It's more interesting than number on paper and she's learning to compute in her head instead of spending hours writing.

Thanks - dyslexia is a bummer. My middle girl, Rochelle, is slightly dyslexic but she qualified for special ed and her progress has been amazing. She's also a very different child. Serious and extremely motivated. She longs to succeed.

Talk to you later. Hope all is well.

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home