Tuesday, February 22, 2005

I said no....

So I talked to my doctor today and she wanted me to go ahead and do some test which they would shot me up with a dye and take pic's of my insides. I called to make the appointment and they wanted me to take this stuff that "cleans" you out. All the sudden I remember the last time they had me do this........ it was bad.......... it was very very very bad. Because they don't take in account that you have a very small stomach and a very small intestene and that you are prone to becoming dehydrated anyways. I said to the lady.......umm do you have a differnt way of treating people who have had WLS? Do you give them less of the meds? The answer was a resounding no. I said to her the last time you gave this stuff to me I ended up in the ER the next day because I couldn't hold anything down and it had dried up all my reserves.......... she didn't care. I said the last time not only did you get me into the ER but then when it came time to do the test you couldn't find my viens because I was so dehydrated and you decided to do a diffrent test..... so you made me sick for no reason........ She still didn't care. I said I rather die then take this test I'm refuseing care. Snottly she said she was calling my doctor. FINE go ahead. BITCH. I'll keep my appt with the urilogist........ fine......... But I'll be damned if they are gonna give me that stupid test.

3 Comments:

Blogger Shylah said...

Good for you! Don't let them bully you into unnecessary procedures. There's OBVIOUSLY another way it can be done that doesn't land you in the ER. Stand your ground, girly.

1:10 AM  
Blogger achromic said...

Eric you didn't say anything offensive to me. What did I say to give that impression? Heaven help me, I was tired last night! G*D you help me out all the time! You are so nice! I must have left out a word or miss spoke or something in my last post.... I'm so sorry!

10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you - let that woman have it, and good for you for refusing the test! Hopefully Eric can find out what his mom had done and offer some good advice.

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home